EBB AND FLOW
| 2015 - Present |
With my camera I have the power to stop the motion of water, an act that feels a bit like magic to me. While swimming with my camera, I look for the interplay between my lens and the water’s movement. I composed this collection to create an illusion of stillness, weight, peace and intimacy with the world above and below the surface. The series is intended to capture the feeling of a wave passing over the viewer as they move from image to image.
For some, water soothes and refreshes. For others, it creates anxiety and fear. With clean, uncomplicated composition I hope to evoke the power + poetry of water and invite the viewer to experience their own emotions and memories of the sea.
Each image was captured with a Canon 6d in an underwater housing off the coast of Maui (2015).
Information about sizes, pricing and editions:
- Digital archival pigment prints of these photographs are produced on museum quality fine art paper and are printed to order.
- Unframed. Size refers to image size; print will include an additional white border for handling and framing.
- Limited editions: signed and numbered.
- 20x30 limited edition of 10, $1200
- 30x45 limited edition of 5, $1800
- 40x60 limited edition of 3, $2300
For inquires or additional information email me at firstname.lastname@example.org